Dante Alighieri Society in Johannesburg is seeking a full time secretary.
Dante Alighieri has been teaching Italian in Johannesburg since 1927. The school offers classes of Italian to children and adults, on the premises and in schools. Dante Society also organizes cultural events throughout the year. It is closely connected with the Dante headquarters in Rome and the Italian community in South Africa.
Advance proficiency in Italian and English are required. Knowledge of Dante Alighieri Society may be beneficial. Candidates should have the following skills:
- good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, Google Applications and Outlook Express;
- good written and verbal communication, customer service and relationship-building skills;
- team working skills;
- organization and time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritise work;
- familiarity with office organization;
- ability to manage stressful situations and to work under pressure;
- accounting knowledge would be an asset;
- proven work experience.
The secretary will be required to work a maximum of 40 hours per week; certain of these hours might be expected to be worked in the evenings or on the weekends. Main duties are:
- General office administration;
- Invoicing, cash and credit cards receipts, debtors following up;
- Exchanging information with the Italian Consulate, Italian Embassy and Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Rome and local institutions;
- Registration of students
- Contact with students and parents
- Public relations and promotions
- Organization and coordination of Italian cultural events
Full time contract.
Closing Date: Open until filled.
How to apply
Send a CV and two references to email@example.com
Suitable candidates will be contacted for an online interview.